Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surf City Marathon- My Experience

The Surf City Marathon in Huntington Beach was my second marathon. Overall the experience was fantastic and it was a much better race for me personally than my first race. My first race was the San Diego Rock n' Roll and it was also a great running experience, but it was the first. I knew there was a lot of room to improve... and that's exactly what I did with SC!

My gone running teammates were the sole reason that I was able to do Surf City. We trained almost all of our long runs together. I not only gained some good running buddies, but also formed some friendships that you can only form on those 4 hour long runs! :)

We ran all the way to 20 miles before I really started to "feel it". That was a huge improvement from my previous run (16 miles was my breaking point then). At mile 20 one of my friends met up with us and jogged with us for a portion of the race. It was extremely nice of her.

I have to admit, when I saw ".2" my chest started to swell and a few tiny tears started to form in my eyes... it's an extremely emotional experience for me. I am not sure if others feel that way or not.

Anyway... 2 marathons down... what's next? I am planning on the San Francisco Marathon in July.

~MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment